Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

What have I been doing?? A review of Wii Fit Plus

Well, I went skiing, skateboarding, tightrope walking, ran an obstacle course, snowboarded, went biking, did a little a yoga to boot.  All in the safety of my home via Wii Fit Plus.  What a great Christmas gift!!  My parents are in their 60's and several evenings during their recent visit, my husband and I, my 2 kids (6 &8) and my parents spent a few hours doing all kinds of these activities together.  Who knew my Mom was a champion Tight rope walker? Who knew my Dad was sooooo awesome at the Ski Jump?

In addition, Wii Fit Plus has a great option to select strength or yoga excercises to create your own routine.  My son has a 20 min. strength training routine that he's been doing every morning.  My 6 year old daughter is the newest to join the yoga trend.  We created a 15 min routine for her to do as she wants  and she has chosen to do it everyday for the last week. 

I like the Free Run Feature...you select how long you want to run...stick the wii remote in your pocket or hold it in your hand while you jog in place.  Then, you turn the tv to whatever tv channel you want to watch and the remote keeps you updated with your progress and encourages you on your "run".   My kids  like the Free Run Feature...and watch cartoons while they jog.

A lot of the fun...is that it's a healthy alternative to video games.  I love that we can do it together as family. (it switches easily between users) or we can do it individually for a more serious work out time.  If you are teetering on the edge of getting a Wii Fit Plus....JUST DO IT!! You will not regret this investment.

Okay- gotta go..the ski jump is calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment