Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Early Riser? What's Up With that!!! AHHHHHHHH

Okay- let me help you understand this VERY IMPORTANT FACT about me  ...I have, my entire life been a NIGHT OWL. (okay that's actually not a VERY IMPORTANT FACT about me but important to know as you read this post.)

(painting by renditionsbyreesa)





Until now!   

All of the sudden, I'm waking up at 4 or 5  am, doing my devotions, unloading the dishwasher, doing a load of laundry, running to the store at 5 or 6 am and getting to know the stock crew at our local Super center because it's just us at that time of day.        WUUHHHAAAATTTT???  

What is happening to me?  This is not me?  My whole life I've done things just the opposite.  I really got going around 9 or 10 am..  I may be up before then but not really functioning too well.    I had a couple of sweet spots of productivity in my day that were around 3-5 PM  and then after 8 pm till 12 or 1 in the morning.   That is just how I rolled.  I was good with that..I enjoyed it.  

How on earth did I suddenly morph into this morning person who's wide awake at 5 am skippity-dodahing through my day and my to-do list. ( no offense to early risers, especially since I may be joining your ranks?! ...I love you just as much as night owls...I'm just use to the night owl thing)
      
  I do not think that early risers are better moms, or more organized etc... same for my fellow night owls... however you organize your day, getting things done after the sun goes down or before it comes up or a little both... I'm not judging.

I had a rhythm..I liked my night owl rhythm...I owned it, worked it  and all that good stuff.  And now... I'm this early bird person... and I'm perplexed and confused.   I get a lot done before 8 am but I feel out of rhythm.  

I am blessed to have a choice, I'm a Stay At Home, Homeschooling Mom so  we have a "routine" more so than a "time schedule".  We get certain things done on certain days and what time we got started varies.   Guess we'll be getting started earlier these days.

What are you?  Early Riser or Night owl?  Do you wish you were one or the other?

I'm not sure if this is a phase or not-  Whatever happens, I'll have to own it.  Maybe if I keep getting up at 4 am I'll start taking naps in the afternoon! Oh how fun..then I could be an early riser and a nightowl.  Hmmm I'll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment