Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happily, Crazily, Confusingly, Amusingly..

After I first became a Mom (8 years ago!) I had an identity crisis. I had a lot of practice and identified well with being a daughter, sister, cousin, friend and wife..but identifying with this new Mommy thing well, that took a lot more time. It felt very much like the role of "MOMMY" was way bigger than any other role I had identified with in my life. At first, I wasn't sure I was up for the task...I mean come on...I took the lamaze classes but couldn't for the life of me find the "I'm not sure how to do this Mom thing classes".

What have I learned the last 8 years? Being a Mom isn't about having all the answers. It's not about being consumed so much with the children God gave you that you forget you're a Daughter, Wife, Friend and Sister. It's certainly about the journey, of being a woman in every sense of the word. About feeling, doing, being present, caring, giving, taking, sharing, growing, imperfection, excitement...and embracing life, happy or sad, good or bad...it's Mommily Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment